Thursday 8 November 2012

Shanghai Day 3 - NSFW

'Hey you want lady massage?  Pwetty girl, velly sexy!'

Oh dear, not been accosted by pimps/madams/prostitutes before, so it came as a bit of a shock.  Fortunately the shock had well and truely been replaced by ambivalence on the tenth occasion I was asked and then by annoyance as I was asked two feet from the front of the Hotel doors in full view of the concierge.  Obviously, the bag/watch hawkers by day are the pimps by night - got to make your money some how I suppose... 
 
Just a short entry today as I'm suffering from jet lag and severe carbon monoxide poisoning.

A combination of the worst taxi journey yet (even though it was only £2.60 for a 20 min journey!) and the rain arriving meant that the fumes finally got to me and I've had a motor fume headache all day - ugh!

I zoned out for most of the day at work until around 8am UK time as my brain realised that it was getting up time.  Took the subway home for the first time, which was pretty easy as the trains are bigger than their London counterparts and thankfully air-conditioned.  All the signs, ticket macines and announcements were also in English, so it was stress-free finding your way.  The only difference to the UK was the complete absence of any waiting to let people on or off, so it was a bit of a bun fight at some stations.  Just going with the flow and joining in the argy-bargy seemed to be the best bet, it helped that I was twice the size of most of the women and bigger than most of the men - all hulking 12st 5'10" of me. Heh, beefcake!!

Lovely bit of sushi for dinner, followed by cheese cake, mango cheesecake, ice cream and erm chocolate fondue.  Well, I did go to the gym this morning and I will (might) go tomorrow morning...

Signing off for now.  Nearly the weekend and have to save my strength for mammoth sightseeing/ fake goods purchasing spree on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment